This weekend was crazy! The summers in Denver tend to get very hot! Example: almost every night this week, we woke up in the middle of the night sweating (even though our fans were on and windows were open). However, the one evening we are counting on this hot sweltering weather, it pours! Monsoon style rain! So what was supposed to be a BBQ/Picnic for the incoming class of PT students quickly became a flooded area with 75 people drenched in the middle of City Park. This quickly turned into our first house party of the summer and an epic one at that!
 |
| Emily and Betty embracing the rain! |
Then yesterday after watching the World Cup game at the Sports Column in LoDo with some classmates, we had a impromptu BBQ at our house. This is just one of the many things I love about our new house! The cool damp weather may have made a picnic at a park difficult, but it made for a great makeshift BBQ on our porch. Its been a long time since I laughed as hard as I did on my porch as each person contributed by telling random and crazy stories. The night ended by renting and watching the entire first season of Entourage.
Denver is not where I would call home, but the people here make it feel like home. I am very grateful for my classmates and friends, as they have made this past year one to remember. Grad school often creates unnecessary stress (okay, at times, some of it is necessary to motivate me to do my work), but my friends have really made the most out of this phase in my life.
With one week of this semester in the books, I look forward to the adventures we will have this summer! There is a lot of school work to be done, but as always, fun must be mixed in to maintain sanity. I am looking forward to crossing off things on my list and enjoying another summer in Denver!
 |
| Reading a book and enjoying a cup of joe on my porch |
2 comments:
I am totally impressed you make time to read non-school books!
I love thats its us northwesterners who snap happy photos in the rain.
Oregon will always be where my heart is, but I have also come to the realization (especially lately) that you guys are what make this place feel like home (:
Post a Comment