I believe that we don’t have to change friends, if we understand that friends change...
There is this friend... that I miss very much. He played a very profound role in my life and unfortunately through a series of circumstances, we have stopped talking altogether.
I write this blog, only to share how much I miss this friend. The memories I have shared with him are endless and the even though more and more time passes with no new memories, those that we have shared together, have not faded.
This friend, now a man, has a new life. A life that I know very little about. The irony is... I never knew how much not knowing would kill me. You see, I used to know this man very well. I knew the way he worked, could predict how he would react to things, to people, to life. And he knew me... he knew me in ways I did not always know myself. He provided depth and insight into my life.
We took a step of faith about a year and a half ago. We decided that the best thing for us was to allow "silence and distance" to mend what had become broken between us. And as the days have past, that silence has only grown louder. The physical distance between us spans international boarders which makes the figurative distance only seem further.
I do not know if this friend reads my blog... chances are, probably not. But I did not write this for him... I am writing this for me. For today, I miss him more than I can express into words. I miss the way he smells. The way he embraces me with a hug that lasts longer than 15 seconds. I miss his genuine smile and his inquisitive eyes. I miss the long summers we shared and all the city adventures we had around the country.
So until we decide the silence has mended what was broken, I will feel this ache in my heart for this friend. I have prayed countless times that the step of faith we took together would bring healing to our friendship. I believe we have share too much and come too far to give up on us.
Until we meet again...

No comments:
Post a Comment