The past six weeks have been tough on a number of levels. Recovery has been really time consuming and when we are in school for 6-8 hours a day, it makes the days shorter. I am beyond ready to be walking at this point (six weeks on crutches with at least three more to go) and be done with these crutches. This week I was given the go to put weight on my knee which has felt good so far, but it is painfully clear that I still have a long way to go.
I believe that you either control your attitude or it controls you
Aside from the day in and day out of dealing with recovery, I have found my attitude ebbs and flows almost as much as the pain does. When this happens, its like an out of body experience where I can see myself being impatient, frustrated and short, but cannot do anything about it. It is as if my attitude is controlling me instead of the other way around.
I understand that I am dealing with a lot... the demands of school, disrupted sleep, inability to focus, pain, immobility, etc., but I still feel as though I should be able to control my attitude. It is up to me to choose how I react to situations. I am figuring out what affects my attitude the most and working on ways to control it before it controls me. Easier said then done ;)
On Thursday, an amazing friend from Portland is coming to visit! Its kind of a crazy time in our school schedule, but I am so excited to see her and spend time doing nothing but drinking wine and reading cosmo :) It will be refreshing to have her here and show her my life in Denver. I feel like she couldnt be coming at a better time!
No comments:
Post a Comment