Monday, January 30, 2012

The first week

I am planning on updating my blog with the details from my trip to Nicaragua, but that may take a few days since I have a myriad of things to do, with no real time to complete them. So stay tuned for blog at a later date!

Last week was my first week at OHSU and the first week of my last clinical experience ever!! I am graduating in May (in case you've lost track of how long I have been in school) and will sit for my boards exam in early July. Then, with any luck, get a job!

OHSU is very different than my experience at Craig. Here, I am working in the inpatient acute care setting for the next eight weeks and then transitioning to outpatient neuro for my final eight weeks. In a lot of ways, this setting is the first step in the healing process and from here, patients can be discharged home or to other facilities for further rehab. So this stage is often ground zero for a lot of patients. I have been assigned to the Neurological floor for 3 days a week and the Oncology floor 1 day a week with an occasional float up to the Bone Marrow Transplant floor. I am very excited about my assigned floors and think it will allow me the opportunity to see "ground zero" and the transitions patients make.

I am still getting adjusted and moved in, but it has been so great to be back in Portland. This weekend was wonderful- filled with quality time with people I have missed! I posted some pictures taken this past week so you can get an idea of where I am at fir the next 4 months!

The tram I take to work every day (bottom right corner)
The building I work in- floors 10,13,14
My beautiful view at lunch last week! Perfect sunny PacNW day!

2 comments:

carrie said...

I love that you are back. I wish I was there too so I could come meet you for lunch and so we could have Vivace Coffee dates and go on adventures. I know I missed your call last night (boo!) but I really want to talk to you ASAP! I just wish my life actually had ANY level of down-time...and also that I was not three hours ahead of you! Love you friend. So so much.

Adrienne said...

uMMM.. I want to be there too... with you two...miss you. I can't wait for an update on nicaragua!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...