Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Excess

In light of knowing I am moving back to Portland in January, I have begun thinking of all the things I will need to move... which of course is an interesting question because I do not know where I will be moving/living following graduation.  There is officially 226 days until graduation (7.5 months) and a lot can happen in that amount of time.  Here is a list of things I hope will happen:

  1. I will become closer to knowing which discipline of physical therapy I want to work in (right now I am leaning towards neuro outpatient, but since beginning at Craig, inpatient rehab is more and more appealing).
  2. I will gain enough knowledge to feel confident in obtaining a job
  3. I will begin studying for the boards (though this likely will be a post-graduation effort)
  4. I will begin to know what area of the country I want to live in
  5. I will kick ass as a PT intern :)
    Less I diverge completely from what this blog was intended to be about...  I am writing because in the past few weeks, it has occurred to me that I have a lot of useless things.  Things that apparently were useful at some point because I bought them, but have now found themselves in boxes or gathering dust on a shelf.  Most of these things are products (soap, lotion, hair products, etc), but there are also things I have purchased for a one time project or use and do not need any more.  Ideally, I would begin to use these things prior to moving to Portland so I can decide if it is worth keeping and moving or needs to be redistributed to a new home.

    This is where my idea came in... Wouldn't it be cool if there was a site or something where people could post things that they have bought- but have no intension of using again? It would be like a "market-place" or a thrift store between friends.  For example, I have a collection of streamers, t-shirt paint and random decorations that I used for a bike ride this summer.  I will never use these objects again- but if say one of my friends needed green and white streamers- they could just ask me instead of purchasing them.  It would need a lot of fine tuning to make it worth it, but I think it is an idea.  In the mean time, I have created lists of things that need to be used up before I go to Target and buy more (ie. lotion, soap, etc).  That way I have an "inventory" of the things that are gathering dust.  Make sense?

    Anyways, those were my random thoughts tonight as I opened my storage closet.  Feel free to add thoughts or suggestions on the aforementioned idea!  And... stay tuned for the update from clinic that will be posted tomorrow!

    Cheers!

    Fall in Denver has arrive!

    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I really like this idea! We should start a website like this and make billions! I was thinking the other day how I want to read the hunger games and how one of my friends probably has the trilogy of books. If only I knew who...

    It could be kind of like craigslist except the stuff would be free or only a small amount, if the person wished to sell it. There could be a search bar and categories. You could also have the items sorted by ones for purchase, items for rent that you'd want back (like books), and items that are give away. Once your stuff was gone, you would have to take it off of the list.

    This is Brilliant! Now if we knew a webpage designer...

    Jyndia said...

    Yes! Jenna you are totally right! That is exactly what I am thinking! It would be brilliant! And you could invite your friends via email or something so that its more like an exchange between friends... And you could help one another out!

    Side note, I too want to read hunger games!!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...