Sunday, July 21, 2013

Life happenings!

Whew! Summer is almost half over and I cannot even begin to recap all the adventures that have been happening around here. So many great things, that at the end of the day, I am exhausted and have nothing left in my tank (in my mind, the best way to live life!). I have taken another large hiatus from the blogging world, but attempting to find more of a rhythm in the upcoming weeks/months. Here is a little blurb of the adventures that have been happening in my little world:

Family!
I have been so incredibly blessed to have my family around these past few weeks. My brother completed the Seattle to Portland bike ride, which meant I got to spend some sweet time with my little nephew, sister-in-law and some of her family. I cannot believe how big my little James has gotten! My parents surprised my brother by driving to Portland, so we had a great time hanging out in the sunshine. It was fun to see everyone and play in the Portland sunshine.


Work!
I have officially been a practicing licensed PT for 1 year! I had my annual review last week at OHSU and it was so fun to look how far I have come in the past year. I am beginning to define myself as more of a professional and expert in my field. I am humbled by how much I have learned in the past year and excited to see what is on the horizon for this next year as I am given more responsibilities and take on new projects. A more detailed post coming on this!

Adventures with my friends!
Where to start! I feel like we have been having non-stop adventures! Taking advantage of the lovely weather we have been having in Portland and enjoying sights and scenes all around us. My friend Kristen came down from Seattle for a weekend and we kayaked, went on a long bike ride and ate tons of food. The quest to find the best burger in Portland continues, but so far my favorite is the lamb burger from Wildwood.  For the 4th of July, we went to the Blues Fest on the Waterfront with some friends and then went down to the St. Paul rodeo on Friday with some of Tony's friends. Timbers played an away match so we met up with some friends and watched the game at Kells (and got free pint glasses with our beers)!
Kayaking in PDX

Finding a home!
In other news, some exciting things coming down the pike. My parents were in Portland for the past week looking at homes in the area to buy as an investment property with the hopes of myself purchasing it from them in the future. We found my dream home that is in the final stages of being built! We put an offer in last week and it was accepted! So now we are in those in-between stages where the paperwork is taking place. More on this in a future post as well! I am very excited to start the next stage of my life- seems so unreal!

2 comments:

Sar said...

Woohoo! Congrats for one official year, sweet woman! Also, PDX is gorgeous right now! I'm envious...Texas is just bloody hot.

Courtney said...

Love all the kayaking shots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...