Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Discovering Passions...

Life lately has been a bit nuts, but in the best way possible.  Last weekend we went to San Francisco to celebrate Tony's 30h birthday. The city itself was a lot of fun, but the real fun was when we went wine tasting in Livermore! I really wanted to go to Sonoma or Napa since they are on my list, but Livermore was just as fun! We met up with some of Tony's friends from college and visited 5 or 6 wineries! I must have been enjoying myself so much that I forgot to take many pictures. Here is a small look into our weekend.


Its been a while since I have found myself in the "writing mood". I have found journalling very difficult; though my mind is not devoid of pondering thoughts. I find myself thinking of profound thoughts throughout the day, but by the time I get home, I have no energy to write, or at least write well.

I have also struggled to know exactly what I want my blog to be about. Do I want it to serve as a place I can go back and chronicle my life events? Do I want it to be a space where I can connect socially to other bloggers? Do I want it to be my own little personal space in the interweb that I can do/write whatever the heck I want? I find that I will put pressure on myself to write, but in reality, this should be a place I can post thoughts unfinished, life happenings and a space to explore out my greatest passions in life.

I have spent some time recently thinking about what I am passionate about. The list is long, which is good. But in reality, you only have 24 hours in one day. I am finding it may be helpful for me to narrow down my list a little and allow myself room to find ways to pursue these passions. Here are some of my pondering questions:

-What does life expect from me?
-What is my vision for life? for my career?
-What/who makes me come alive?
-What ignites passion within me?
-What am I afraid of failing at?
-What are my desires?

These questions serve as a launching point to really hone in on some of the things most important to me and allow me a chance to isolate their importance in my life. I am working through Storyline by Donald Miller and these are some of the points he poses. I am finding it hard to invest in too many things and based on my personality, I like to have my hand in many cookie jars.

I expect more thought provoking posts to go up in this space in the coming days/weeks. Feel free to shoot me feedback if you have your own thoughts to some of these questions. Dialog and original thought is what separates us from the rest of the other mammals... Lets conversate!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...