| Steins! |
Fall in the Pacific Northwest is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. Driving to Leavenworth requires a jaunt through the mountains that twist and wind to the cadence of the Wenatchee River. The orange and red colors cast their glow as they peaked out between the green firs. The drive was not only lovely due to the gorgeous scenery, but because I got to enjoy it with my best friend. Long over due conversations filled the air and the meaningful silence that allowed us the freedom to process independently was also a blessing.
When we arrive into the town of Leavenworth it was like being dropped into Lower Saxony in Germany. This town is truly authentic and on a weekend such as this, it especially portrayed Bavaria well. We wasted no time in joining the celebration. Donning our "costumes", we obtained a stein and met some new friends. From what I remember, the music and entertainment was fantastic as was the steady flow of various German beers from our newly acquainted friends.
One of our high school friends lives and works in Wenatchee, so he joined us on Friday night and we ended up staying the night at one of his friends house. Turns out hardwood floors and recliners are not the most comfortable for sleeping. We went back for day two on Saturday which included a traditional parade, keg tapping ceremony by the town mayor and more celebrations! We caught a fantastic entertainment group called the Ally Cats in the affectionately dubbed "party tent". We danced, enjoyed people watching and concluded our Oktoberfest weekend in the same tent it all started in the night before.
The drive home was wet and I was reminded that I was back in the Pacific Northwest. We stopped at two of my lovely friends' house in Monroe for dinner and then journeyed back to Seattle. Having that Oktoberfest celebration under my belt, I think it is time for the real thing in Munchin! Who's with me?
| Parade |
| Fall with my bestie |
1 comment:
I LOVE Leavenworth. I have a friend who has a condo at Snoqualmie Pass. That is my staying-at point. Leavenworth is just a jaunt from there. Heavenly! Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment