Monday, October 22, 2012

#52 Music Monday... concert recaps!

I have been fortunate to catch some fantastic live music lately. 

Joshua Radin's stage
The best show I saw recently was Joshua Radin last week at the Crystal Ballroom in Portland. I have seen him three times, but this time was the best for several reasons. He played most of his newest album and he was all about the crowd. The Crystal Ballroom is not my favorite venue in Portland (due to the acoustics), but it is a close intimate space and if the artist engages the crowd, it can be a lot of fun. I was fortunate enough to be VIP for this concert and was able to stand less than 10 feet from the stage.

A Fine Frenzy opened for him and I was disappointed in her performance. She played "Almost Lover" last, which was by far her best song performed all night. I really like her music, so I was bummed she did not perform well. Lucy Schwartz sung with Joshua on some of his duet songs and was amazing! Her perfect harmonizing was mesmerizing.
A Fine Frenzy
A few weekends ago I saw a favorite from my teenage years! Alanis Morissette!!! I think her CD was the first I ever purchased. She put on quite the show! She played all the classics and a few songs I had never heard. When she played songs like Ironic, Thank U and Jagged Little Pill, the crowd went crazy! I really enjoyed her new song Guardian, but wouldnt purchase her new CD. She was quite the performer (likely was drunk), but we were VIP and loved every minute of being 15 feet from the stage!
Alanis @ Crystal Ballroom

I never had the opportunity to recap Norah Jones from this summer. I saw her at Edgefield and was also fortunate enough to be VIP for the show. She was everything I hoped she would be and more! I listened to her first album all throughout college and knew every line. She released a new album recently and it has some good songs. Its amazing how music will take you back to perfectly undisturbed memories from song long ago... Amazing show that I am so glad I got to see live!

Norah Jones @ Edgefield
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...