 |
| Montra of the weekend |
This past weekend, I spend some quality time with some friends in Bend and Sisters Oregon. And what a fantastic little slice of heaven this area was! I have only been to Central Oregon once when I was a sophomore in college with FCA camp and I think we were quite far from any city. Anyways, this trip has been on
my list of things to do, so when the opportunity came to accompany some friends to this neck of the woods, I was beyond thrilled!
I left after work on Friday and met up with Jenn and Jordon at his father's vacation home just outside of Sisters. The drive down was perfect- good alone time, but also gave me a chance to catch up on some phone calls and when cell service cut out, some time to enjoy some country tunes! The views were beautiful- mountains were still snow capped and the river that ran along the road was roaring with fresh mountain water.
 |
| Lovely companion |
The best part about the weekend was we didnt really do anything. When I arrived on Friday night, Jenn greeted me with a whiskey sour and shortly there after we built a fire- a real live campfire :) What followed is a blur, but it included laughter, whiskey, conversations, blankets and that glorious fire.
 |
| The three Sisters on the way to Bend |
We journeyed into Sisters on Saturday morning for some coffee at
Sister's Coffee Company- a fine little independent roasting company owned by some college friends. We delighted in the brew and hit the road to Bend. Now, for those of you reading who have never been to Central Oregon, the landscape and people are similar to Montana. The mountain views are breathtaking, the way of life is slow and family, friends, food and beer are valued above all else. There are several impressive mountains in the area including the three Sisters (North, Middle and South), Mount Washington and Bachelor. As we were driving to Bend I snapped a few pictures, but nothing compares to what I saw with my eyes!

Bend was a lovely quant little town- very similar to Kalispell. We walked around a visited a candy shop, lingered in some boutiques, drank beer at Deschutes Brewery and met up with some friends who happened to also be in Bend. Jenn got her nose pierced and I decided to switch mine to a ring. Lunch was provided by one of Jordon's friends who owns a little food cart called
Real Food! Jenn and I spurged on the Southwest Black Bean burger and I was blown away! So many lovely flavors all in one little bite. We also tried our luck at beating Jordon in a game of Buck Hunter at a local dive bar, but neither of us could rally- next time! I was surprised how relaxed I was and chalk it up to crisp mountain air, good company and good brews. It was easy to forget the world of Portland that awaited our return... And I kinda like that.


Sunday we made breakfast, drank coffee on the porch, spent time enjoying God's creation on the day his Son was resurrected! Jenn and I played Ticket to Ride and popped the top off around 11am :) Jenn and I drove back to Portland and relished in each other's undivided attention. Not worrying about all that we needed to do in the coming week. Pure bliss I have to say.
Overall, I highly recommend a weekend in this beautiful part of Oregon. Next time, I want to spend some time at Black Butte and of course head down a little further south to Creator Lake!
 |
| My Growler! |
 |
| Sister's Coffee! |
 |
| Easter Sunday in God's creation |
No comments:
Post a Comment