| Endless Summer Nights at Coors Field |
I have two more days before fall semester begins and I have realized several things in regards to this summer:
1. I did not spend enough time listening to music for the pure enjoyment of its sound
2. Any food that can be BBQ is that much better after a long day of class
3. Summer time in the city means farmers markets, bike rides to softball games, sunday mornings with coffee on the porch and music at city park
4. Books not involving science are better left on the shelf where they can be picked up again (and treasured) in the fall
5. I did not spend enough time breathing in the long breaths of summer night air
| In a mountain town- one of the machines that helped dig the Panama Canal |
| Intramural Softball |
Colorado is an intense place to be in the summer. It is in the nineties most of July and August hitting the hundreds once a week or so. If you have a life (which I will assure you none of us in our program do), you can enjoy hiking, mountain biking, running, road biking, camping, rafting, etc. Because of my knee, I have only gotten to do a few of those things, but I am hoping next summer I will be able to partake in all of them. That being said, I feel like I have yet to experience a authentic Colorado Summer.
So here's to the end of of summer. I am excited for fall because that includes rehab for my knee which will ultimately allow me to do more things I enjoy. Cheers to Fall Semester of year 2!
No comments:
Post a Comment