Saturday, September 6, 2014

Fall is here... well kinda

I am so excited that it is finally fall. Dont get me wrong, I love sunshine and that feeling of being warm. However, this summer was hot! Hot at least for Pacific NW standards. And the reason I said "kind of" in my title was because this weekend is supposed to be well over 90 degrees!

What I love most about fall is the fact that there is a change in season. I love that moment when you can feel the season changing from one to the other. I love knowing that there is this chance to "start fresh" and reflect on the past few months. I think it is healthy to do that and the change in seasons seems like a natural time to do so.
My lovely friends at the Hawks game on Thursday
Things I love about fall are numerous! I love that I get to wear my boots again and long sleeves and sweaters. I love the crispness to the air and dew scattered across the grass in the morning. I love watching my breath turn to cloudy whiteness reminding me that I am alive. I love watching football, waking up early on the weekends to watch college game day or preview for the NFL games. I love PSL and pumpkin anything for that matter. I love going to Sauvie Island to get gourds and pumpkins and bring them home to carve and decorate; pulling out all the seeds and roasting them.

First game of the 2014 season!!
Fall in the NW is perfect. I am hoping based on how lovely (and hot) the summer was, fall will be equally as dry. Not that I dont love the rain, but I selfishly like when the rain is more confined to winter.  Either way, I am looking forward to the change!

Here are some pictures of life's latest adventures. I am going to start posting more, at least I hope! I am getting into more of a routine and it includes more time for reading and writing. It feels good to be introspective again and I am really looking forward to keeping up with my blog. Until next time!

Hanging with my little man
Getting some quality time with my parents

Meeting my newest nephew- Baby Marcus
Bryce's visit to Portland last month!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...