I love going home. I love being home. I love the comfort if my parent's house, the familiar sights of my favorite coffee haus, my room and of course my mom's coffee bread. I love spending family time playing games and having conversations that go late into the night as the lights dim to be just the glow of the Christmas tree and the fire.
But what I don't love about going home is my very small community of well-meaning folks who expect me to share the intimate details of my life, as if trivial, only so they can satisfy their wondering mind. I typically give myself a mini pep-talk before venturing out of my house. I systematically practice a 2 minute speech about what I am doing, where I am living and what relationship I am not in... It's silly I know, but when I got home I feel as though I am always being watch. Watched by people I used to know, but no longer recognize. The people I used to know but have grown apart from. Those wondering eyes.
That all being said, I am so excited to be waiting to board my last flight. The only thing that is between me and my home is a 2 hour flight. Tomorrow cannot come soon enough! Looking forward to a White Christmas, my family and closest friends. I have a feeling that this Christmas is going to be a memorable one!
There is something so special about being from the 406.

No comments:
Post a Comment