Monday, September 5, 2011

Summer's Ending and Yogurtland

This weekend was our first taste of fall in Denver.  I woke up on Saturday morning and it was at least 20 degrees cooler than it has been.  I instantly wanted to pull on jeans, my riding boots and a scarf.  I love fall- it is my favorite season and after the heat this summer, it is most welcomed!  

Then came Monday- it was suddenly summer again!  I made a last minute decision to go to an afternoon Rockies game with Camille, Josh, Betty, Brandon and Jenna.  It was really fun, but also very hot!  Sunscreen does not help one bit when at altitude in the Rock Pile :)  Here are some pictures from the game!
Our view from the Rock Pile
All 6 bikes locked up together!
The game was awesome and it was really fun to ride down to the game!  While at the game, we had a conversation about frozen yogurt that I have to share.  We decided there are some unwritten rules to frozen yogurt- but the funny thing was we all have our own little things that we do EVERY TIME we get frozen yogurt.  Here are mine:  
  • I always get three types of yogurt and place them into a triangle.  Usually I get red velvet cake batter and two fruit types of yogurt.  
  • The toppings always include cookie-dough chunks and heath bar.  From there I waver on M&Ms or Reeses bites.
  • I always have one sour gummy worm AND always eat it last
Jess and I met up after the game at Yogurtland and here are some pictures of my adventure!
Red Velvet, Blueberry and Blackberry Lemon Mint
Toppings with my sour worm
Waiting to eat the wormy :)
So, what are you "quirks" about eating frozen yogurt?  Though I love frozen yogurt on hot days, I am very much looking forward to fall!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the worm idea!! Here are my rules of the 'Land -

1. 2 flavors - separated on opposite sides of the cup - never swirled together
2. Toppings go neatly in their own separate piles on the outside of the cup
3. Although my 2 loves are the Plain Tart and chocolate/cookie toppings - the two should NEVER be found in the same cup (learned that one the hard way)

<3 Betty

Anonymous said...

Been meaning to post on this for a while.

1. You have to choose between tart with fruit or sweet/chocolate combos. It is absolutely wrong to mix the two, see Adela's comment above. If i am feeling super healthy (maybe 30% of the time) I go for tart.
2. I am with Jyndia on the three little piles of different yogurts. I always have a steel resolve to get one when I walk in there but end up not being able to decide and three is about all I can neatly fit in the cup
3. Graham cracker crumbs. Always. Sometimes hard to find, but totally worth looking for. Gives your yogurt a nice little crunch without getting stuck in your teeth
4. No hard chocolate (chocolate chips, etc). I like my chocolate melty and gooey. Hard chocolate and ice cream have never gone well together in my book.

Toppings that go well with chocolate: graham, marshmallows, cheescake squares, cookie dough, cap'n crunch, coconut, oreo, nilla wafers.

Toppings that go well with tart: graham, coconut, cap'n crunch, berries, kiwi, MOCHI(!)

Sorry such a long comment... but I have a lot of opinions about yogurt.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...