
Every year, Valentine’s Day elicits different responses. If you are spending the day with the one you love, then you may experience feelings of love, affection and happiness. If you have recently broken up with the one you love, you may experience feelings of confusion, rejection or loneliness. And if you are single and have been for a while, you may experience a myriad of feelings such as depression or frustration, or on the other end of the spectrum feelings such as confidence and acceptance. So, on this Hallmark holiday, I have chose to find ways to find acceptance and confidence within myself.
We all have insecurities that bring out the worst in us. For me, I struggle with accepting that I have inherent worth and do not need morph myself into being like someone else to find approval and/or love. Every day, I am learning how to “fall in love with my shadow”. When I see my shadow, I see a confident woman who has been liberated by the sun that casts down on the pavement. I see an attractive figure with no physical aliments. I see a strength inside and out and appreciate the vulnerability exposed by the sun. I see energy and optimism, honesty and value.
So on this day, where we run around appreciating the ones we love, I am challenging myself with the task of learning how to receive love. It sounds silly and trite, but I truly believe the key to everything rests in the ability to receive love. I have also come to understand that strength, inner strength comes from receiving love as much as it comes from giving it.
Happy Valentines Day!
1 comment:
I love this! Happy Valentines Day, Jyndia!
Post a Comment